As we approach the 75th anniversary of the Palestinian Nakba (catastrophe) we call on our supporters worldwide to join us in solidarity by taking 5 actions to help #EndIsraeliApartheid.
Copy of 5 actions updates Jan23 (2).jpg
This week marks the 75th anniversary of the Nakba, in which between 750,000 and 1,000,000 Indigenous Palestinians were forced out of their homes and subjected to ethnic cleansing by Zionist militias and, later, the Israeli army, in order to establish the state of Israel as a Jewish supremacist settler-colony.
For 75 years, Palestinians have experienced and resisted an ongoing Nakba. From Ben-Gurion, Israel’s first PM in 1948, to Ben-Gvir, Israel’s current “national security” minister, and the ascent of Israel’s most openly racist, far-right government, Palestinians have been subjected to renewed and intensified campaigns of ethnic cleansing; settlement construction; land and water theft; repeated massacres in Gaza; mass arrests; and restrictions on movement.
On Tuesday, Israeli military forces intentionally and indiscriminately bombed families in Gaza. Over the past four days, apartheid Israel’s airstrikes on the over 2 million Palestinians under siege in Gaza have killed, so far, 31 Palestinians, including 7 children. Shockingly, in just five months, Israel’s occupation forces and illegal settlers have murdered at least 144 Palestinians, 26 of them children. (accurate at time of publishing).
Still we rise! Despite Israel’s ongoing violence and aggression, Palestinians remain resilient and steadfast in our popular resistance. Whether in Gaza, Jerusalem, Jaffa, Jenin, Beita, Masafer Yatta, the Jordan Valley, Al-Naqab, or in exile, Palestinians stand united against Israel’s regime of settler colonialism and apartheid.
We will continue to struggle for our liberation, our inalienable rights, including our right to self-determination and the right of our refugees to return home. We march onward towards freedom, justice, equality, and dignity!
Now, as apartheid Israel unleashes a new war on the Palestinian people in Gaza, you can play a vital role in helping to dismantle Israeli apartheid. We ask that you take the following 5 solidarity actions and be a key to justice for Palestinians everywhere:
- Work with progressive networks to pressure parliaments and governments to (a) end all military-security cooperation and trade (military funding in the US case) with apartheid Israel and similarly criminal regimes of oppression worldwide, (b) ban all procurement from and investment in companies operating in Israel’s illegal colonial settlements; and (c) promote UN action to investigate and dismantle Israeli apartheid, as was done with the apartheid regime in South Africa.
- Mobilize institutional pressure campaigns (including boycotts and divestment) against Israeli and international companies and banks that are complicit in Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity. This includes all Israeli banks (Leumi, Hapoalim, etc.) and major multinationals such as: Elbit Systems, Google, Amazon, HP and HPE, CAT, JCB, Volvo, HD Hyundai, Chevron, Siemens, CAF, G4S/AlliedUniversal, AXA, PUMA, Carrefour, Booking.com, Airbnb, Sabra, Barclays, Expedia, Hikvision, TKH Security and more.
- Mobilize your community, city council, trade union, association, church, social network, student government/union, cultural center, or other organization to declare it an Apartheid Free Zone (AFZ), ending all relations with apartheid Israel and companies/institutions that are complicit in its system of oppression.
- Initiate/support boycotts of all academic, cultural, sports, and tourism engagements taking place in/sponsored by apartheid Israel or its lobby groups and complicit institutions.
- Join a BDS campaign or a strategic Palestine solidarity group near you to act collectively and effectively. Many national and regional groups will be holding demonstrations and activities to mark #Nabka75, join them if you can!
Channel your anger and mobilize to dismantle apartheid and all forms of racism and oppression